|Directed by||Ashutosh Gowariker|
|Produced by||Ronnie Screwvala|
|Written by||Haidar Ali|
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
|Editing by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|Release date(s)||October 12,
Jodhaa-Akbar (Hindi: जोधा अक्बर, Urdu: اکب جودھا) is a forthcoming film, to be released in 2007. It is being directed and produced by Ashutosh Gowariker,
the director of Oscar-nominated Lagaan. It stars Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in lead roles. This film also represents the debut of newcomer Abir Abrar. Extensive research has gone into the making of this film which begun shooting recently. 
The film centers around the romance between the Mughal Emperor Akbar,
the founder of Din-i-Ilahi,
played by Hrithik Roshan and his Hindu wife, Jodhabai,
played by Aishwarya Rai. The music will be composed by acclaimed music composer A. R. Rahman. This movie is scheduled for release on October 12,
Politically, success knew no bounds for Emperor Akbar (Hrithik Roshan). After having secured the Hindu Kush,
he furthered his realm by conquest until his empire extended from Afghanistan to the Bay of Bengal,
and from the Himalayas to the Godavari River. Through a shrewd blend of tolerance, generosity, and force, Akbar won the allegiance of the Rajputs, the most belligerent Hindus. But little did Akbar know that when he married Jodhaa (Aishwarya Rai), a fiery Rajput princess, in order to further strengthen his relations with the Rajputs, he would in turn be embarking upon a new journey – the journey of true love.
The daughter of King Bharmal of Amer, Jodhaa resented being reduced to a mere political pawn in this marriage of alliance, and Akbar’s biggest challenge now did not merely lie in winning battles, but in winning the love of Jodhaa – a love hidden deep below resentment and extreme prejudice. Jodhaa-Akbar is their untold love story.
- Hrithik Roshan ... Emperor Akbar
- Aishwarya Rai ... Jodhaa Bai
- Abir Abrar ...
- Kulbushan Kharbanda ...
- Sonu Sood ...
- Suhasini Mulay ...
- Vishwa Badola ...
- Yuri ...
- Digvijay Purohit ...
- Director: Ashutosh Gowariker
- Screenplay: Haidar Ali and Ashutosh Gowariker
- Story: Haidar Ali
- Dialogue: K.P. Saxena
- Producer: Ronnie Screwvala
- Music: A. R. Rahman
- Cinematography: Kiran Deohans
- Editor: Ballu Saluja
- Lyrics: Javed Akhtar
- Visual Effects: Pankaj Khandpur
- A group of Rajput teenagers have threatened to sue Ashutosh Gowariker,
asking him to prove that Akbar was married to Jodhaa Bai.
- Ashutosh Gowariker has hired a research team of historians and scholars from New Delhi, Lucknow, Agra and Jaipur to guide him on this film and help him keep things historically accurate.
- Ashutosh Gowariker has clarified that the name of the film remains Jodhaa-Akbar, and not Akbar-Jodhaa as reported by sections of the media.
- 'Jodhaa-Akbar' will be released in 26 countries simultaneously.
- People For Animals (PFA), an animal lovers’ outfit has come to the fore attacking Gowariar for letting people ill treat animals on the sets of his film. The body has even filed a police complaint alleging that animals were being treated badly in the film and has urged the Rajasthan chief minister to order an investigation.
- Over 80 elephants, 100 horses and 55 camels are being used in the movie.
- There will be 6 songs in the movie composed by AR Rahman.
- A teaser of the movie will be showcased with UTV's other project Blue Umbrella scheduled to be released on the 10th of August.
- Jodhaa Akbar at the Internet Movie Database
- Jodhaa Akbar on MovieTalkies.com
- Historical Perspective - A Historical Perspective into Jodha Akbar
- Jodhaa akbar movie info