|Directed by||Rakesh Roshan|
|Produced by||Rakesh Roshan|
|Written by||Rakesh Roshan,
Archana Puran Singh
|Music by||Rajesh Roshan|
|Distributed by||Yash Raj Films,
Filmkraft Productions (India) Pvt. Ltd. (SKIHV)
|Release date(s)||June 23, 2006|
|Running time||175 Min|
|Preceded by||Koi... Mil Gaya|
|Followed by||Krrish 2|
Krrish is a Bollywood science fiction superhero film directed by Rakesh Roshan, which released on June 23, 2006. The film is a sequel to Koi... Mil Gaya. The movie stars Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Naseeruddin Shah, Rekha and Preity Zinta in a special appearance. It has been subsequently dubbed in Tamil and Telugu.
Rohit (Hrithik Roshan) and Nisha (Preity Zinta) are married and they have a child, Krishna. Rohit apparently dies in a lab accident in Singapore and Nisha also dies shortly after childbirth at the news of her husband's apparent death. The child, Krishna, starts growing up under the care of his grandmother Sonia (Rekha). As he is growing up, he discovers that he has inherited the superpowers that were transferred to his father by the alien Jadoo in the previous installment, Koi... Mil Gaya. The movie shows how Krishna (Hrithik Roshan) deals with his powers and saves the world from a megalomaniac scientist, Dr. Siddhant Arya (Naseeruddin Shah).
As the head of a large information company based in Singapore, Dr. Arya had hired Rohit to build an advanced computer that could see the future, telling Rohit that it will be used to avoid disasters and improve mankind. The brilliant Rohit takes just two years to invent the future computer. When he discovers with its help that Dr. Arya will betray him, using the knowledge granted him by the computer to empower himself instead, Rohit destroys the computer. Dr. Arya, however, is able to rebuild the computer after 20 years of work.
We discover in the beginning of the film that as a young child, Krishna is extremely intelligent and gifted; for example, he is able to draw beautiful portraits of his mother, perform Herculean feats of strength, run at tremendous speeds, communicate with non-human animals, and think with great clarity. He is brought before a committee which realizes his gifts, but his grandmother fears that the greedy may exploit him as they did his father, and so the two move far away into a remote village near some mountains. Krishna spends his childhood there, playing with other children and racing with animals. However, he soon grows frustrated as he sees that all those his age are moving away to the city to greater and grander things and he becomes upset at his grandmother for making him stay in the village.
Krishna meets his love interest Priya (Priyanka Chopra) when she visits India from Singapore as a tourist, accompanied by friends and relatives. During a flight on a parachute-glider, Priya becomes tangled with some tree branches and nearly falls to her death. Krishna, using his exceptional agility and strength, rescues her and restores her to the tourists' camp. In order to hide his identity, he instructs the local guide, Bahadur, to spread tales of a ghost. Eventually, Krishna develops a soft spot for Priya and reveals the truth. He is thereafter a friend to the tourist party, until they leave.
Subsequently, Priya and her friend Honey are threatened with expulsion from their position as news reporters. To revive their superior's trust in them, they invite Krishna to Singapore, where they request that he demonstrate his powers. Krishna, however, does not break the promise he made to Sonia, that he keep his ability a secret.
The hero Krrish as we know him is born when a circus tent catches fire. In order to rescue those trapped by the flames without revealing his powers, Krishna reverses his jacket so that the lining is outermost, then dons a mask that he finds on the ground. He then rescues all the people. When the last one to come out asks who he is, he habitually replies "Krish–" stopping before he can give his full name.
In time, "Krrish" becomes a sensation in the news. Masks like his are sold among children, and the city promises to reward him financially if he should present himself.
During his stay in Singapore, Krishna befriends a local young man called Kris Lee, soon after helping him to complete a martial arts demonstration held to raise money for his wheelchair-bound sister. When Kris Lee sees Krrish beat up a group of thugs who have taken Priya's ring– pulling off his mask afterward– Krishna gives him his famous mask so that his friend can gain enough money to help his sister. They show Kris on TV, and happen to show Krishna and Priya as well.
Vikram Sinha (Sharat Saxena), Dr. Arya's employee, has been looking for Rohit's son for a very long time; having seen Krishna, Vikram follows him. Priya finds a tape that proves Krishna is actually Krrish, and decides to bring it to the public. However, when Krishna comes to know of her intentions, he decides to leave. He explains everything to her regarding his gift and need for secrecy. Priya goes to find her boss to get the tape of Krishna back; there, she runs into Vikram Sinha. She manages to catch up with Krishna before he leaves, whereupon Vikram Sinha tells Krishna why he's trying to find him.
It is revealed that Rohit is still alive and has been in suspended animation for 20 long years. The evil Dr. Arya, his former colleague, is aware that the computer can only have been activated by Rohit's heartbeat and eye scan. When he uses the computer, Dr. Arya sees his own death at the hands of Krrish, and therefore postpones killing Rohit in order to eliminate this new threat. Because Kris Lee has been advertised and rewarded as Krrish, Dr. Arya kills him. After Krrish finds his friend dead, he becomes intent on getting revenge against Dr. Arya.
After arriving at Dr. Arya's base, Krrish bursts into the compound after disposing of many guards outside. Priya is eventually taken captive but Krrish manages to rescue both Rohit and Priya after a dramatic battle wherein Dr. Arya is fatally impaled to death, exactly as the computer predicted; Dr. Arya's attempts to prevent his death led to the prediction coming true, much like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Along with Rohit and Priya, Krishna returns to his village in India where Rohit's mother Sonia is reunited with her son.
- Hrithik Roshan ... Krishna Mehra aka Krrish/Rohit Mehra
- Priyanka Chopra ... Priya
- Rekha ... Sonia Mehra
- Naseeruddin Shah ... Dr. Siddhant Arya
- Manini Mishra ... Honey
- Archana Puran Singh ... Boss
- Kiran Juneja ... Priya's mother
- Sharat Saxena ... Vikram Sinha
- Puneet Issar ... Komal Singh
- Hemant Pandey ... Bahadur
- Preity Zinta ... Nisha (Special Appearance)
- Bin Xia ... Kris Lee
- Director: Rakesh Roshan
- Screenplay: Robin Bhatt, Sachin Bhowmick, Honey Irani, Rakesh Roshan, Akash Khurana
- Story: Rakesh Roshan
- Dialogue: Sanjay Masoom* Editor: Amitabh Shukla
- Lyrics: Ibrahim Ashq, Nasir Faraaz & Vijay Akela
- Art Director: Samir Chanda
- Producer: Rakesh Roshan
- Music: Rajesh Roshan
- Cinematography: Santosh Thundiyil
- Choreography: Farah KhanKaushal
Krrish was generally met with positive reaction in its homeland India and with a mixed to negative reaction overseas.
- Pyar Ki Ek Kahani (Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal)
- Koi Tumsa Nahin (Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal)
- Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (Udit Narayan & Shreya Ghoshal)
- Dil Na Diya (Kunal Ganjawala)
- Main Hoon Woh Aasman (Rafaqat Ali Khan & Alka Yagnik)
- Big Band Mix (Sonu Nigam & Shreya Ghoshal)
- Mystic Love Mix (Rafaqat Ali Khan & Alka Yagnik)
In India, Krrish became the fourth highest-grossing movie this decade  and is the third highest-grossing movie of 2006. It has also become the tenth highest-grossing Indian film overseas.
- INDIA (20-Sept,06) : Rs 64,86,00,000  ($14.5 million)
- OVERSEAS (20-Sept,06) : Rs 18,50,00,000  ($4.2 million)
- TOTAL (20-Sept,06) : Rs 83,36,00,000 ($19 million)
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. (help, get involved!)
This article has been tagged since August 2006.
- The plot of Krrish leaves open the possibility of a sequel. It has been reported that a sequel to Krrish will be made in which Hrithik will be playing a double-role.
- Aishwarya Rai was considered for the role of Priya but due to date problems, she couldn't act in the film.
- The movie was previously titled was Koi ... Tumsa Nahin - a song in the movie is still titled this way.
- Krrish has become a B-school case study.
- Hrithik Roshan went through 45 days of extensive martial arts training for this movie - his trainer was Siu-Tung Ching. He demonstrates his remarkable ability to wield a bo-staff in the scene where he performs the show for Chris Lee.
- Hrithik Roshan had a near-fatal accident shooting for a scene in this movie after a supporting wire snapped during filming, but escaped unharmed after landing on a tent shelter
- Almost 60% of Krrish was shot in Singapore.
- For the role, Hrithik gained 6kg weight and grew his hair to play his character
- During an action sequence in the circus, Hrithik burnt his hair and pulled his muscle, but continued shooting
- Jadoo, the alien from the previous movie, Koi... Mil Gaya, does not appear in this movie until the very end, where Rohit recalls him with the "Om" computer from the first movie. He does not, however, reveal himself in person.
- Strangely, although Jadoo gave Rohit his powers back at the end of Koi... Mil Gaya, in Krrish Rohit's personality- despite his genius and his intelligence- is still somewhat like that of a child's. He also retains significant physical strength, single-handedly destroying the supercomputer. It is possible that although his intelligence was increased, he may slowly have regressed back into the emotional state of a child.
- Krrish's personality is like what Rohit's personality was when Jaddoo's powers made him mature.
- Krrish is the second movie in which Hrithik Roshan plays a double role (the first film was Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, in which Roshan played the character of Rohit and of Raj Chopra).
- As for the unusual spelling of the title, the two R's instead of one is credited to Niraj Mancchanda who suggested this name as it has a good numerological equation .
- Krrish was dubbed in Tamil and Telugu under the same name and released simultaneously as the Hindi one did.
- In the part where Krishna finds out Priya and her friend are playing the tape and planning to expose Krishna's truth, and then Krishna walks away sadly, as you see him walking he walks next to a Poster of the Black Eyed Peas : Monkey Business' stuck to a pillar.
- One of the promotional posters was inspired by the Daredevil poster. See below:
- The computer fits the stock "Oracle" stereotype - its predictions must be understood carefully for the hero to survive, and it is because the villain does not that he meets his end. Additionally, an invention that sees the future, and the ensuing conflicts over it are strongly reminiscent of the Ben Affleck movie "Paycheck" - wherein the protagonist invents a lens that looks into the future.
- Some scenes are similar with Spiderman movie.Like other superheroes he also was not raised by his parents.
- Hrithik Roshan had to leave when he was training martial arts in Hong Kong because after some time, his eyes were becoming like the Hong Kong people's eyes. (This is a controversial and quite culturally insensitive comment from Mr Roshan).