Salaam E Ishq: A Tribute To Love
|Salaam-E-Ishq: A Tribute To Love
|Directed by||Nikhil Advani|
|Produced by||Mukesh Talreja,
Sunil Manchanda &
|Written by||Nikhil Advani|
|Music by||Shankar Mahadevan,
Loy Mendonsa and
|Editing by||Arti Bajaj|
|Distributed by||Orion Pictures|
|Release date(s)||January 25, 2007|
|Running time||216 min|
Salaam-E-Ishq: A Tribute To Love (Hindi: सलाम-ए-इशक़, Urdu: سلام-ئے-عشق, English: A Salute To Love) is a 2007 Bollywood film, directed by Nikhil Advani and featuring a huge starcast including Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Akshaye Khanna, Ayesha Takia, John Abraham, Vidya Balan, Govinda, Shannon Esra, Sohail Khan and Isha Koppikar in lead roles.
The movie weaves a number of love stories together thanks to the relationships of the people within it. The film is Advani's second directorial venture after Kal Ho Naa Ho. The shooting of the film begun in November 2005 and was finished by July 2006. The movie released on January 25, 2007.
Salaam-e-ishq is the story of 6 groups of people. From different parts of the world. From different walks of life. Ignorant about each other's existence, but who end up being brought together by destiny, fate and love…
Story 1: Kamini (Priyanka Chopra) wakes up to another scandal in the morning newspapers. The most sought after item girl in Bollywood cannot help, but get involved with all sorts of problems with the media. Problems that she attributes as the cause for not landing the coveted heroine roles. The roles that she came to the big bad world of Bollywood for…But things are going to change…. Because she has devised a plot to change her image in the media, the public eye and most importantly the big producers of Bollywood. A plot that will propel her from item girl to number one heroine… The only thing that she has not anticipated is Rahul (Salman Khan) entering her life…
Story 2:Shiven (Akshaye Khanna) wakes up to a nightmare. The most consummate bachelor in New Delhi is engaged to get married in the next 10 days. The most consummate bachelor in New Delhi has suddenly realized what is in store for him. The most consummate Bachelor in New Delhi wants to break off the engagement. And he does hurting his fiancé Gia (Ayesha Takia) in the bargain, but retrieving his coveted freedom…But things are going to change… Because with each passing day, with every agonizing hour he begins to realize that without Gia he is suddenly and completely incomplete…
Story 3: Vinay Malhotra (Anil Kapoor) wakes up in his picture perfect suburban London home every morning. He is cared for by his picture perfect wife Seema (Juhi Chawla), and he is kissed goodbye by his picture perfect children. He goes to his picture perfect London PR job and returns to his picture perfect wife, children and home.But things are going to change… Because Vinay Malhotra meets the not so perfect Anjali (Anjana Sukhani). Unconventional, over-confident and extremely determined, Anjali comes from a world that Vinay only dreams off. A world where the very modern single girl living in London gets what she wants… And Anjali wants Vinay Malhotra…
Story 4: Tehzeeb (Vidya Balan) wakes up in the morning to find a small diamond pendant by her bedside. An anniversary gift from her very romantic husband Ashutosh (John Abraham). They had eloped and got married two years ago. Struggling like all young married couples in Bombay they work in media - at a news channel. She is a field reporter and he is a film editor. Completely crazy about each other they find it quite difficult to keep their hands off each other.But things are going to change… Because Tehzeeb is going to be involved in a tragic accident that will change everything… That will put Ashu's love and devotion to the ultimate test.
Story 5: Raju Taxiwala (Govinda) wakes up in the morning and gets into his colorful Delhi taxi. He drives from his home in Chandni Chowk to the New Delhi International Airport. Like he has for the last 15 years. He joins the long queue at the airport. Like has for the last 15 years. Unlike the other taxi drivers he does not complain about the ever-increasing queue. He hasn't… even once for the last 15 years. Because he enjoys watching the doors of the New Delhi International Airport. Opening and closing. He enjoys watching the passengers coming out. Hoping that among them will be HER… His blonde dream girl Stephanie… The girl that he has waited for the last 15 years…But things are going to change… Because his dream girl does come. From those very doors… The only problem is that Stephanie (Shannon Esra) has come looking for Rohit Chaddha - her boyfriend…
Story 6: Ramdayal (Sohail Khan) is a simple lower middle class Haryanvi. He wants to spend the rest of his life with his newly married wife Phoolwati (Isha Koppikar). He wants to spend every hour fulfilling the lust that has been building up within him all these years…But things are going to change… Because no matter how and where Ramdayal tries to fulfill that burning desire something goes wrong and Ramdayal and Phoolwati are thrown into a series of events that become tragically and comically almost fatal…...
Reviews and Critics
The music was generally approved of by Rediff.com's Sukanya Verma and described as "awesome" , however, due to the concept of the movie, comparisons were drawn to Richard Curtis' ensemble film Love Actually.
The film, however, has garnered a tepid response from the critics. Film critic Taran Adarsh called "a disjointed script, abstract style of narrating the story and excessive length" as the film's main deficiencies. Rediff.com's Sukanya Verma called it "an ode to mediocrity, not love or cinema".
- Salman Khan as ... Rahul
- Priyanka Chopra as ... Kamini/Kamana
- Anil Kapoor as ... Vinay Malhotra
- Juhi Chawla as ... Seema Bakshi Malhotra
- Anjana Sukhani as ... Anjali
- Akshaye Khanna as ... Shiven Dungarpur
- Ayesha Takia as ... Gia Bakshi
- John Abraham as ... Ashutosh Raina
- Vidya Balan as ... Tehzeeb Hussain Raina
- Govinda as ... Raju
- Shannon Esra as ... Stephanie
- Sohail Khan as ... Ram Dayal
- Ishaa Koppikar as ... Phoolwati
- Prithvi Chauhan as ... Pallavi Raina(Ashutosh's Sister)
- Kushaal Paunjabi as ... Rohit Chaddha
- Karan Johar as ... Himself (Voiceover)
- Aroon Bakshi as ... Satpal
- Tinnu Anand as ... Babu
- Vrajesh Hirjee as ... Prem
- Viju Khote as ... Amar
- Prem Chopra as ... Major Geneneral Bakshi
- Mangal Kenkre as ... Mrs. Bakshi
- Kamini Khanna as ...Pammi Chaddha
- Manoj Pahwa as ... Surjit Chaddha
- Atul Parchure as ... Sukhi
- Deepak Qazir as ... Joshi
- Saurabh Shukla as ... Dotcom
- Vishal Malhotra as .... Jaggi (Shiven's friend)
- Beena Kak as .... Relative at Gia and Shiven's wedding
|Salaam-E-Ishq: A Tribute To Love|
|Soundtrack by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy|
|Salaam-E-Ishq||Marigold: An Adventure in India
The film has seven songs composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy:
|1||Salaam-e-Ishq||Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Kunal Ganjawala, Sadhana Sargam & Shankar Mahadevan|
|2||Tenu leke||Sonu Nigam & Mahalaxmi Iyer|
|4||Ya Rabba||Kailash Kher|
|5||Dil Kya Kare||Adnan Sami|
|6||Saiyaanre||Shilpa, Shankar Mahadevan & Loy Mendonsa|
|7||Mera Dil||Shaan & Nihira Joshi||Edited out of Movie|
- Director: Nikhil Advani
- Screenplay: Suresh Nair
- Story: Nikhil Advani
- Dialogue: Saurabh Shukla
- Producer: Mukesh Talreja, Sunil Manchanda, Jitender Bagga & Chetan Motiwalla
- Music: Shankar Mahadevan, Loy Mendonsa and Ehsaan Noorani
- Cinematography: Piyush Shah
- Editor: Arti Bajaj
- Art Direction: Priya Rahghunath
- Choreography: Bosco-Caesar
- Lyrics: Sameer
- Costume Design: Vikram Phadnis
- Singer: Sonu Nigam, Mahalaxmi Iyer, Shaan, Nihira Joshi.
- Sonali Bendre was originally chosen to be paired with Govinda, but pulled out, so the part was re-written and Shannon Esra was put in her place.
- The music released on Dec 2nd, 2006. A benefit event has been organized for the Angan trust. Shankar, Ehsaan, and Loy will perform while Vikram Phadnis will conduct a fashion show with all the cast of the movie.
- Salaam-E-Ishq has a running time of 3 hours and 36 minutes.
- The song Mera Dil was removed from the movie.
- The couple with the least footage was Sohail Khan & Ishaa Koppikar.
- After Lamhe Anil Kapoor has again gone clean shaven for the disco sequence with Anjana Sukhani.
- Sohail Khan and Salman Khan are real life brothers and this is the second film they appear in together after Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? (2005). However they do not appear in any scenes together.
- Salaam E Ishq: A Tribute To Love at the Internet Movie Database
- Official Website
- Movie Review:Salaam-e-Ishq
- Best Of:Salaam-e-Ishq
- Salaam-e-Ishq at ChakPak
- Salaam-e-Ishq at Bollywood FM
- Salaam-e-Ishq Official Website at production company Orion Pictures
- Ayesha Takia - Blog
- ^ 
- ^ 
- ^ ,whereas Jehan Handa of IndiaFM called the film terrible and wanted to slap the director Nikhil Advani http://www.indiafm.com/movies/userreviews/12727/user22351.html
- ^