Taxi Number 9211
|Taxi Number 9211|
|Directed by||Milan Luthria|
|Produced by||Ramesh Sippy|
|Written by||Manoj Tyagi &
Sameera Reddy &
|Music by||Vishal Dadlani &
|Editing by||Aarif Sheikh|
|Distributed by||R.S. Entertainment &
UTV Motion Pictures
|Release date(s)||February 24, 2006|
Taxi Number 9211 is a Bollywood movie that released on 24th February 2006 and was directed by Milan Luthria. It is an adaptation of Hollywood hit Changing Lanes and stars John Abraham and Nana Patekar in lead roles. The movie also stars Sonali Kulkarni, Sameera Reddy, Shivaji Satam and Kurush Deboo in supporting roles. The film's background score and soundtrack were composed by new age music composing duo, Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani, also known as Vishal-Shekhar. The soundtrack for the movie was released on the 28th of January, 2006.
Raghav Shastri (Nana Patekar) is a rather cranky, irritable cabbie, and one day, entirely by chance Jai Mittal (John Abraham), the wayward, irresponsible son of a late billionaire gets into his cab. Raghav needs money; Jai needs his father's will to prove in court that he is the heir to his father's fortune... but karma has plans to teach both these headstrong men the lesson of a lifetime.
- John Abraham ... Jai Mittal
- Nana Patekar ... Raghav Shastri
- Sameera Reddy ... Rupali
- Kurush Deboo ... Mr. Batliwala
- Sonali Kulkarni ... Mrs. Shastri
- Shivaji Satam ... Arjun Bajaj
- Priyanka Chopra ... (Special Appearance)
- Sanjay Dutt ... Narrator
- Director: Milan Luthria
- Screenplay: Manoj Tyagi
- Story: Milan Luthria
- Dialogue: Rajat Arora
- Producer: Ramesh Sippy, Rohan Sippy & Hussain Shaikh
- Music: Vishal Dadlani & Shekhar Ravjiani
- Cinematography: Karthik Vijay
- Choreography: Bosco-Ceaser
- Lyrics: Dev Kohli & Vishal Dadlani
- Action: Abbas Ali Moghul
- Art Direction:Wasiq Khan
- Editing: Aarif Sheikh
- Costume Designs: Rocky S.
|Taxi Number 9211|
|Soundtrack by Vishal-Shekhar|
|Taxi Number 9211
|Apna Sapna Money Money
The music in the movie was composed by acclaimed new age music composers, Vishal Dadlani & Shekhar Ravjiani with lyrics by Vishal Dadlani and Dev Kohli. . The movie has 8 songs in total with two remixes. The soundtrack also features a song sung by yesteryear music composer, Bappi Lahiri. The soundtrack of the movie was released sometime in the third week of January 2006 under the label of Saregama HMV.
- Mumbai Nagariya (Living In The City) - Bappi Lahiri, Nana Patekar, John Abraham - 3:19
- Ek Nazar Mein Bhi - K.K., Sunidhi Chauhan - 4:37
- Meter Down - Adnan Sami - 3:12
- Aazmale Aazmale - Shekhar - 4:54
- Bekhudi - Shaan - 4:33
- Udne Do - Kunal Ganjawala, Harshdeep - 6:15
- Boombai Nagariya (Club Mix) - Bappi Lahiri, Remix By Guru Sharma - 3:13
- Meter Down (Rock n' Roll Mix) - Adnan Sami, Remix By Guru Sharma - 3:01
- This is the first movie soundtrack for which music composer Bappi Lahiri has sung for someone else besides himself.
- The account number of John Abraham's character, Jai Mittal, is 1129, which is 9211 backwards.
- This movie marks the comeback of actress Sonali Kulkarni in Hindi. She was last seen in Danav (2003)
- The movie has been remade in Telugu as Game, featuring Mohan Babu and his son Vishnu Babu.
- 'Taxi Number 9211' was one of the highest grossing films of 2006. . Nana Patekar and John Abraham were well applauded for their performances. Sonali Kulkarni was also appreciated.
- Taxi 9211-The Official Site
- Taxi 9211- Wallpapers
- IMDB Page of Taxi No. 9211
- IMDB Page of Changing Lanes
- Cast & Crew of Taxi Number 9211 at IndiaFM.com
- John and Nana in a music video
- Meter Down for Taxi Number 9211